Unplanned, unrehearsed, seat-of-the-pants goofing around. As a way of getting back into practice and doing something regularly, I’ve started doing (hopefully) regular Twitch broadcasts on Thursday nights. These are the results. Anything goes.
Something new! No particular theme or idea behind this one, this was just me goofing around with the recently released djay 2 upgrade while prepping for tomorrow’s Rodeo City Rollergirls double header. As always, this was mixed “live” and has no post-processing or editing work, so while it may not be perfect, it’s all me!
- Scissor Sisters: Let’s Have A Kiki
- Fatboy Slim and Riva Starr: Eat Sleep Rave Repeat
- Bimbo Jones: See You Later (DJs from Mars)
- Dehasse: Sick in the Octave
- Underworld: Always Loved A Film
- Faithless: Sun to Me
- Vampire Weekend: White Sky (Basement Jaxx Club)
- Lords of Acid: Little Mighty Rabbit (Christopher Lawrence)
- Rusko: Lick the Lizard
- DJ Steve Porter and DJ Eli Wilkie: Carlin Step
- Underworld: Rez (Bassnectar)
Download DLH11 (52m 08s, 62.6Mb .mp3)
The eight and last of my old mixes to go up. Hopefully I’ll eventually start putting new mixes up!
This is probably my favorite of the mixes I have available right now. There’s no real set style through the piece, I just slapped together a bunch of tracks that I happened to like a lot. Luckily, it all seems to work pretty well…possibly better than it should?
- Dario G ‘Carnival de Paris’
- Goodmen ‘Give it Up (Batacuda Refrescante/Hot Tracks)’
- Chemical Brothers ‘It Doesn’t Matter’
- Fatboy Slim ‘Song for Shelter’
- Lionrock ‘Are You Ready to Testify?’
- A3 ‘Woke Up This Morning (Drillaz in the Church)’
- Psykosonik ‘Unlearn (Hot Tracks)’
- Everything But the Girl ‘Wrong (Deep Dish)’
- Annie Lennox ‘Little Bird (Utah Saints)’
- Clivilles & Cole ‘A Deeper Love (Underground Club)’
- Sagat ‘Fuk Dat (Raw)’
- Lemon Interrupt ‘Big Mouth’
- Technoclassix ‘In the Hall of the Techno King’
This mix was mixed ‘live’ — running a Pioneer dual CD mixer directly into my computer and recording straight to .mp3 — and has had no post-mix editing done in the computer. As such, it’s not flawless, but it’s not bad, either, if I do say so myself.