Back in February, I took up a challenge from one of my friends (prompted by the Gigs mix I posted) to create a mix based around songs that I’d have played at the Lost Abbey, during the mid- to late-1990s. To get a little help putting together the playlist, I put out a call for requests on Facebook, and ended up with something around 14 hours of possible songs, almost entirely pulled from requests by people who used to see me spin at the Lost Abbey.
Since 14 hours is far too long to do as a single mix, I’ve broken the requests up into multiple 80-ish-minute playlists. Here’s the seventh of quite a few to come!
- Ministry: You Know What You Are
- Depeche Mode: It’s No Good (Hardfloor)
- Siouxsie and the Banshees: Kiss Them For Me
- Peter Murphy: Cuts You Up
- Violent Femmes: Add It Up
- Ministry: N.W.O.
- The Sisters of Mercy: Temple of Love (1992: Touched by the Hand of Ofra Haza)
- Nine Inch Nails: Ringfinger
- Depeche Mode: Enjoy the Silence
- Pet Shop Boys: What Have I Done to Deserve This?
- Madonna: Vogue (12″)
- Garbage: Only Happy When it Rains
- Tori Amos: In the Springtime of his Voodoo (Hasbrouck Heights Single)
- Depeche Mode: Master and Servant (Slavery Whip)
- Lords of Acid: I Must Increase My Bust (MNO)