Back in February, I took up a challenge from one of my friends (prompted by the Gigs mix I posted) to create a mix based around songs that I’d have played at the Lost Abbey, during the mid- to late-1990s. To get a little help putting together the playlist, I put out a call for requests on Facebook, and ended up with something around 14 hours of possible songs, almost entirely pulled from requests by people who used to see me spin at the Lost Abbey.
Since 14 hours is far too long to do as a single mix, I’ve broken the requests up into multiple 80-ish-minute playlists. Here’s the first of quite a few to come!
- Depeche Mode: Only When I Lose Myself (Subsonic Legacy)
- Björk: Human Behavior
- Die Warzau: All Good Girls (Joyous)
- Marilyn Manson: Mother Inferior Got Her Gunn
- Nine Inch Nails: All the Pigs, All Lined Up
- Love and Rockets: No New Tale to Tell
- Concerete Blonde: Roses Grow
- The Cure: Pictures of You (Extended Dub)
- Love and Rockets: Haunted When the Minutes Drag
- The Sisterhood: Giving Ground
- New Order: Temptation
- Depeche Mode: Just Can’t Get Enough
- Pet Shop Boys: It’s a Sin (Disco)